The Wonderful Colorful Kitchen Walk is back for another year of the EPCOT International Arts Festival. This scavenger hunt encourages guests to purchase specific menu items to win a prize.
A list of items that are part of the Wonderful Colorful Kitchen Walk can be found in a festival passport as well as on signs in World Showcase.
Here are the rules:
- Buy five menu items from the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine locations
- Be sure to collect a matching stamp in your festival passport for each menu item you purchase
- After collecting five stamps, bring your passport to Deco Delights to claim your prize
Cast Members will stamp your passport when purchasing the corresponding treat.
Here are the foods featured on the Wonderful Colorful Kitchen Walk:
- Red: Blood Orange Braised Beet Carpaccio with Mustard Vinaigrette, Pickled Mushrooms, Golden Beets and Crostini – located at Gourmet Landscapes
- Green: Deconstructed Key Lime Pie with Flexible Lime Curd, “Key Lime” Mousse, Graham Cracker Cake and Meringues – located at The Deconstructed Dish
- Yellow: Homemade Chorizo and Potato Empanada with Turmeric Aioli and Annatto Aioli – located at Vibrante & Vívido: Encanto Cocina
- Orange: Seared Scallops with Vanilla Butternut Squash Mash, Browned Butter Cauliflower Mash, and Lime Foam – located at The Artist’s Table
- Pink: Vanilla Donut with Strawberry Sugar, Strawberry Ice Cream, Fresh Strawberries and Strawberry Jelly – located at The Donut Box
- Reward: Artists Palette Cookie
Red: Carpaccio of braised beets with blood orange, mustard vinaigrette, marinated mushrooms, golden beets and crostini from gourmet landscapes
It’s a solid dish with plenty to do. Thin, crisp beets line the bottom, nicely paired with strong blue cheese, well-prepared mushrooms and more. The crostini (essentially tiny slices of toasted and buttered bread) are also a welcome touch. Read our full Foodscapes review here.
Green: Deconstructed Key Lime Pie with Flexible Lime Curd, “Key Lime” Mousse, Graham Cracker, and Meringues from the Deconstructed Dish
It was the top level. A perfect balance between acidity and sweetness, and the presentation allows you to distribute the ingredients as you wish. The cake is moist and tasty, a highlight for us. You get a nice portion size, and it also takes a nice shot. Read our full Deconstructed Dish review here.
Yellow: Homemade Chorizo and Potato Empanada with Turmeric Aioli and Annatto Aioli from Vibrante & Vívido: Encanto Cocina
This is the best savory dish of the event. It’s a massive portion, stuffed with well-cooked potatoes and chorizo. The sauces add a spicy kick that isn’t too intense for all palates. An EPCOT snack that can be really filling. Highly recommended. Read our full Vibrante & Vívido: Encanto Cocina review here.
Orange: Seared Scallops with Vanilla Butternut Squash Mash, Browned Butter Cauliflower Mash, and Lime Foam from The Artist’s Table
The scallops were fishy, chewy and stringy; overall just very poor quality. The mousse was interesting so it’s a shame the dish tasted so bad. Read our full The Artist’s Table review here.
Pink: Vanilla Donut with Strawberry Sugar, Strawberry Ice Cream, Fresh Strawberries and Strawberry Jelly from The Donut Box
This dish has lots of strawberry flavors, some real, some artificial. Ice cream has this strong artificial flavor. The donut has a hard, sweet glaze on a crumbly cake donut. It is very good. Read our full The Donut Box review here.
Reward: Artist Palette Cookie
Once you’ve collected all five stamps, head to Deco Delights on World Showcase Promenade near the Port of Entry to redeem your reward.
As in previous years, the prize is an adorable palette cookie. It’s a standard sugar cookie with a thick, sweet frosting.
This year, a second delicacy is offered in addition to the biscuit. It’s not advertised anywhere, but it comes in a keepsake mug.
It was some kind of frozen berry soft drink. The Cast Members weren’t sure what it was when we asked.
For more information on Disney Parks around the world, follow WDWNT on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.